Monday, December 24, 2012

Iowa Barn Quilts

 I spent several weeks in Iowa this December visiting family.
 While I was there, I saw some wonderful barn quilts!
 I had planned on taking the Barn Quilt Trail in Grundy County but time didn't allow it this trip.
 Fortunately, the Iowa countryside is decorated with Barn Quilts so I did get to take a few photos.
I love living in Georgia, but my heart will always call Iowa home!
This last picture was taken at my brother's home place.  My sister-in-law painted the Grandmother's Fan Pattern and my nephew built the frame.  Love that old building!



A special thanks to all of you that bought your Christmas gifts from my online shop, The BarnQuiltStore!  This was our first holiday season and, thanks to you, it was a huge success!

♥'s
Sherry





6 comments:

  1. How beautiful! I've never seen barn quilts. We have plenty of barns here in N. C. - I wish it would catch on here. Glad to see you back. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, there are barn quilts in NC! Go to http://barnquiltinfo.com/map-NC.html and you'll see the different counties in NC that have barn quilt trails! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like these barns in Georgia. Hope you had a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got that right, Olive!! The barns & farmlands are what I miss most about Iowa. We're celebrating Christmas today with my kids & grand daughter here at our home. Best wishes to you & yours for the New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cool
    The pictures are great

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I ♥ hearing from you!