Monday, December 24, 2012

Iowa Barn Quilts

 I spent several weeks in Iowa this December visiting family.
 While I was there, I saw some wonderful barn quilts!
 I had planned on taking the Barn Quilt Trail in Grundy County but time didn't allow it this trip.
 Fortunately, the Iowa countryside is decorated with Barn Quilts so I did get to take a few photos.
I love living in Georgia, but my heart will always call Iowa home!
This last picture was taken at my brother's home place.  My sister-in-law painted the Grandmother's Fan Pattern and my nephew built the frame.  Love that old building!

A special thanks to all of you that bought your Christmas gifts from my online shop, The BarnQuiltStore!  This was our first holiday season and, thanks to you, it was a huge success!



  1. How beautiful! I've never seen barn quilts. We have plenty of barns here in N. C. - I wish it would catch on here. Glad to see you back. Have a wonderful Christmas!

  2. Actually, there are barn quilts in NC! Go to and you'll see the different counties in NC that have barn quilt trails! Have fun!

  3. Nothing like these barns in Georgia. Hope you had a lovely Christmas.

  4. You've got that right, Olive!! The barns & farmlands are what I miss most about Iowa. We're celebrating Christmas today with my kids & grand daughter here at our home. Best wishes to you & yours for the New Year!!

  5. Too cool
    The pictures are great


Please leave a comment...I ♥ hearing from you!