Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunbonnet Sue & Drunkard's Path Barn Quilts

I recently completed these 2 custom barn quilts for a customer in Alabama.


For the Sunbonnet Sue, I used both paint & fabric as mediums.
This pattern is a favorite of my customer's mother.
In order to get the 'look' I wanted, I painted her hands & shoes and used fabric for the rest of her outfit & the flowers.
Isn't Sue a cutie?!

The Drunkard's Path Pattern was a favorite of her Grandmother's.
I needed to do some drawing on my computer to make this as it's not the normal straight line pattern I'm used to painting.

I'm hoping my customer sends a photo of these 2 quilts when she hangs them on her barn!
Can't wait to see them!

Painting more barn quilts is my goal for 2013...one I'll enjoy!!!


♥'s
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I ♥ hearing from you!