Monday, September 13, 2010

A New Kitchen Lamp from an Old Mixer

I'm joining Metamorphosis Monday today for the first time at Between Naps on the Porch!

Several years ago, I had a cute antique shop I LOVED with all my heart & soul.  Unfortunately, due to the economy and a few other things, I had to close it.  One of the saddest days of my life.  But, while it lasted, I was in heaven!  Every day I worked in my store, re purposing the treasures I had found.



This is a lamp I made for my kitchen out of a old broken mixer.  I drilled out a hole for the lamp kit wires and attached it all together.  Then I took a lampshade, covered it with some fabric and there it was!! 
Such fun and so cute!!!



Here's a photo of where it normally sits, on top of an old cupboard I had in my store for displays.
The cupboard sits in the corner of our kitchen/dining/great room in our home.

I'll write about my shop...some day! 
In the meanwhile, I'll join Met Monday at BNOTP.
Thanks Susan for hosting this wonderful party....it's so much fun!!!

♥s
Sherry

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful lamp, how creative you are! I love your old cupboard too... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry, thanks for visiting today, and your sweet comments about my bedroom re~do... I am signing you up for the Barn Chicks party post! I'll put the link to your blog on my sidebar... so glad you are joining in again! xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that's so creative! I would have never thought of doing that. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherry!
    What a wonderfully creative idea. Who'd have thought you could make a lamp out of an old mixer ...I love it! I love your display cabinet by the way. I used to have a store years ago...it wasn't an antique store although I had many customers who had to ask if some things were antiques. The store was a mixed bag of scented candles, handmade linens, wicker baskets and furniture, coffee beans, teas, fresh Belgian chocolates, nuts and candies in large glass jars and more. I LOVED it. Unfortunately my husbands workplace closed down and he had to work away from home so we sold the store. Didn't you just love moving things around and especially doing your windows? I think that was my favorite part especially when the boxes started arriving in the fall for Christmas. It was fun while it lasted wasn't it. I hope you have a wonderful day!
    Maura :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I ♥ hearing from you!